We are delighted to report that the 3rd International Cycling Safety Conference (ICSC 2014) in Gothenburg was, based on its unprecedented participation and the positive feedback received from participants, a great success!
On November 18-19, ICSC2014 hosted more than 160 participants, with about 65% of the visitors coming from outside of Sweden. The delegates came from 23 different countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kurdistan, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, United Kingdom, USA!
- Over 50 Oral Presentations were given, and the congenial venue facilitated lots of informal discussion during the conference
- 20 poster were exhibited and presented as shotguns sessions during the conference
- Our three Keynote Speakers represented three very important stakeholders for cycling safety: the city authority, the cycling manufacturers, and the vehicle manufacturers.
- Awards for Best Paper, Presentation and Poster were handed out
- The conference was widely covered in the media - newspapers, radio and television
Here’s what attendees said:
“Best conference I have attended.”
"It was a great experience and nice to meet all experts in the field."
“Congrats, a well arranged conference!”
The positive feedback and the positive outcomes could only have been achieved with the great support of many people. At this point, we would like to thank the Steering Committee, the Scientific Committee, the Keynote Speakers, all presenters, the sponsors & exhibitors, and last but not least everyone who attended the conference!
Conference Presentations and Proceedings:
All the PowerPoint presentations and Peer-Reviewed Papers are now uploaded as pdf onto the conference website.
The best papers will also appear on a Special Issue of Safety Science which will be published in 2015.
We look forward to seeing you at the 4th International Cycling Safety Conference on September 15-16, 2015, at Hannover Medical University in Hannover, Germany!
With kind regards,
The Organizing Committee,
3rd International Cycling Safety Conference